Chasing your dream isn’t easy. There will be ups, downs, unforeseen obstacles, failed attempts, and at times you will feel like quitting. As an Olympic champion in diving, Chris Mears is no stranger to struggle, and he’s fought against some incredible odds to get to where he is today.
Now, Chris wants to use his own experience and knowledge to help and inspire others on the Everyday Battlers programme, so they can complete a 10km race, and chase their dream, no matter what.
Here are his 5 top tips to help you stay on track with your training:
- Sleep well & keep a good diet, that will help improve your mood and have you ready for the challenge ahead.
- Always aim to balance work and workouts with seeing friends and family and socialising – this will help you recharge.
- Choose training partners who will push you when it gets tough and will be there to celebrate your victories as well.
- Remind yourself what you are working towards, always keep the goals you want to achieve front of mind.
- Imagine how good it will feel when you achieve your goal.